FREDERICK W. LOEBER
27470 Camino Haven
Boerne, TX 78015
Phone: 920 225 2672
A plan/action-oriented Senior Engineering Executive with 45+ years of progressive and diverse accomplishment in engineering for capital equipment manufacturing. Proven track record in development of technology group skills; providing leadership and operating guidance in product/process engineering; Significant accomplishments:
Customer Driven Solutions
LOEBER CONSULTING, Casco, WI 1998 to Present
A consulting practice set up to assist small-to-medium sized companies in the capital goods industries (heavy mining and construction equipment) and to provide expert technical services to the legal community.
Providing resources for improving organizational efficiency, training, personnel development and technical expertise in a wide variety of fields associated with the engineering design, fabrication and manufacturing of mining and construction equipment. Volunteer service provided to schools and community.
A start-up division focused on medium capacity crawler cranes for the construction and rental industries.
(West-Manitowoc is now dissolved and has been merged into crane division operations).
Vice President of Engineering
Providing entrepreneurial leadership in a highly competitive OEM environment.
P&H MINING EQUIPMENT, (Joy Global),
A $500 million global leader in heavy mining equipment manufacturing.
Providing leadership and executive guidance for multi-disciplined product and process engineering. Responsibilities further included participation in the divisional business planning process in support of a corporate move to globalize business operations and to adopt a team approach.
Introduced and implemented an on-line, real-time CATIA linkage between
· Initiated a compensation system for engineering personnel based upon results-oriented performance.
· Phased engineering into active participation in the recently installed MRP business operating system, resulting in a four-fold reduction in sales order processing lead time.
· Led several new team driven, fast track product development projects into the marketplace.
· Served as a key participant and team member in the Mining Division business planning process.
· Established an Advanced Technology Group to identify, monitor and introduce electronic technologies into mining machines and AC/DC high power drive systems.
UNIT RIG, Division of Terex
A supplier of heavy off-road haulage trucks for the mining industry. Acquired by Terex Corp. in 1987.
Director of Engineering 1982 to 1993
Provided leadership for the engineering function. Key accountabilities included participation in the formulation of business plans; identification of customer needs and marketing opportunities;
guiding new product development, cost reduction, technical support, development of manufacturing processes; and management of intellectual property.
· Designed, developed and built the MT-Series truck resulting in reduced manufacturing costs, reduced truck operating costs, improved tire life and increased structural reliability.
· Championed the use of a fast-track process to field test a truck prototype eighteen months after start-up project, shortening the entire process by one year.
· Implemented inter-dependent breakthroughs that slashed truck frame fabrication costs nearly 50%; ideas evolved from the shop floor, customers and engineering.
· Initiated and implemented an AutoCAD system to achieve a three-fold productivity gain.
Manager/China Project 1981 to 1982
Chief Engineer/Development 1977 to 1981
RIVERSIDE STEEL CONSTRUCTION,
NORTH AMERICAN AVIATION,
B.Sc.C.E., Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN, 1962
Business Management Program
Company sponsored courses and seminars in management, leadership, team building
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / PATENTS
Licensed Civil Engineer,
Past Chairman, Surface and Underground Technical Committee, National Mining Association
Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
Past Chairman, Technical Committee, Construction Industry Manufacturers Association
Inventor/Co-inventor - 16